Commitment and partnership
Partnership - European Sustainable Palm Oil Advocacy Group
The European Sustainable Palm Oil Advocacy Group (ESPOAG) was created in January 2013 with the objective to support the uptake of sustainable palm oil in Europe and to communicate scientific and objective facts and figures on environmental, nutritional and functional aspects of this nutritious and versatile commodity.
It is composed of the following European food sectors federations:
- AIBI: International Association of Plant Bakers
- CAOBISCO: Chocolate, Biscuits and Confectionery of Europe
- FEDIMA: Federation of European Union Manufacturers and Suppliers of Ingredients to the Bakery, Confectionery and Patisserie Industries
- FEDIOL: EU Vegetable Oil and Proteinmeal Industry
- IMACE: European Margarine Association
The European food sector is working closely with stakeholders all along the supply chain -producers, refiners, retailers- to drive sustainable palm oil production. European consumers play a key role in demanding products containing sustainably produced palm oil.
Through the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), the certification standard dedicated to sustainable palm production, we aim at informing consumers about their role in promoting sustainable practices in producing countries.
We are committed to offering consumers a wide range of food products, carefully taking into account their nutrient composition as well as their optimal taste and convenience. ESPOAG works closely with the existing national alliances committed to sustainable palm oil in Belgium, France, Germany, the UK and the Netherlands.